Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Vegan Mofo 2009 Quiz!

Brought to you by Lauren of Whoa Wren!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soya. Versatile and, most importantly, protein packed.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
In the end, I cooked pumpkin sage ziti (from VCON), mole skillet pie with greens (VCON), and pumpkin cupcakes.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Next.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
mole skillet pie with greens...used the wrong kind of chocolate and it was awful!

5. Favorite pickled item?
Ginger.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
Cookbooks

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash :( I dream of a situation where I can compost

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
italian feast sausages, ice creme, and chocolate

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My dad's mashed potatoes. Lately, I've been having a major flashback to seasoned potato wedges.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Mint Madness

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Muffin Tin

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Thyme

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
How it all Vegan

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Apricot

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Pumpkin sage ziti


16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
In practice? Seitan or wheat gluten-ish stuff, tofu, then tempeh.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Brunch! Evening/night

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Assorted pots and pans

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Nothing that's mine! At my folks, it's chili-chocolate mole sauce, chickpeas, and tomato rice soup.

20. What’s on your grocery list?
Usually fruit, greens, maybe soya if I've run out, and then whatever I need for the two recipes I'm cooking

21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods...those samples slay me!

22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
My mum's pizza. and I haven't veganized it because I'm lazy!

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Snackface, This is Why You're Thin!/Vegan Lunchbox, Let's Get Sconed

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
This massive Icelandic chocolate from Whole Foods that's $3.99 for 8 oz.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Yves Veggie Pepperoni

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Xanthan gum and chickpea flour

No comments:

Post a Comment